My husband gets pretty excited when I make spicy foods so these jalapeno poppers were a touchdown!
This method is easy cheesy: (get it… cheesy…)
1. I used my leftover pimento cheese
2. mixed it with a little cooked and crumbled bacon (bacon= awesome)
3. stuffed it in stemmed, seeded and halved jalapeno peppers
It looks a little something like this…
Little trick to seeding the jalapenos… Cut off the stem, cut the jalapeno in half lengthwise, and then use a grapefruit spoon to scrap the seeds out. I’m not sayin’ you won’t touch a seed or two, but I found that this method certainly reduced my contact with those spicy little demons.
After stuffing the jalapenos, bread them in a flour, egg, and panko bread crumb mixture. Bake them for 30 minutes and they come out looking like this…
Ooey, Gooey cheese with a spicy kick!
Leftover pimento cheese
4-5 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
6-8 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and cut in half lengthwise
1/2 c. flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 T. milk
1 c. panko bread crumbs, seasoned with salt and pepper
1. Mix pimento cheese with bacon.
2. Stuff peppers with cheese.
3. Put flour in a shallow bowl. Mix eggs and milk in another shallow bowl. Put bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.
4. Roll each pepper in flour then egg then panko crumbs.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with ranch dressing.