Today, a traditional italian food meets southern, deep-fried hospitality.
I’m talking about FRIED RAVIOLI.
Hot, crunchy outside and gooey, soft cheese on the inside. Mmmm… once you start nibbling, it’s hard to stop! Try it at your next party!
1 c. buttermilk
1-2 c. italian style breadcrumbs
1 bag of frozen ravioli, thawed
vegetable oil for frying
marinara sauce, for serving
1. Put 1 c. buttermilk in a shallow dish.
2. Put 1-2 c. italian style breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
3. Fill a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil to the depth of 2 inches and warm over medium heat to 325 degrees.
4. While the oil heats up, dip thawed ravioli in the buttermilk and then in the crumbs to cover completely.
5. When the oil is hot, carefully lower a few ravioli’s at a time into the oil and cook 3-4 minutes, or until brown.
6. Drain on a paper towel and serve warm with marinara sauce.